Manuka honey is a rare and special New Zealand honey made from the nectar of the native Manuka plant. Clever bees collect and transform this nectar into Manuka honey, highly valued for its rare and complex properties. The nectar of the New Zealand Manuka flower...
What is Manuka Honey:
Manuka honey is a rare and special New Zealand honey made from the nectar of the native Manuka plant. Clever bees collect and transform this nectar into Manuka honey, highly valued for its rare and complex properties. The nectar of the New Zealand Manuka flower contributes the unique natural ingredients to Manuka honey that make it so different to other honeys and so rare. It only comes from New Zealand and is only made for a few weeks each year when the Manuka plant is in flower.
What Makes Manuka Honey Special?:
What makes Manuka honey special and different is its incredible nutritional profile. Regular raw honey is already known for its nutritional and immune-boosting abilities. The typical raw unfiltered honey is a rich source of:
- Amino acids
- B vitamins (B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid)
Manuka honey’s nutritional content is up to four times that of normal flower honeys. It’s called the “Unique Manuka Factor”.
Manuka Honey & Well-Being
Manuka honey benefits have been known in the natural health world for a long time. Research is starting to support thousands of years of folk medicine use. Some of the top Manuka honey uses are and benefits include:
- Helps with SIBO, Low Stomach Acid, Acid Reflux
- May Help Treat Acne and Eczema
- Combats Staph Infections (MRSA)
- Treats Burns, Wounds and Ulcers
- Prevents Tooth Decay and Gingivitis
- Aids IBS and IBD Treatment
- Improves Sore Throats and Immunity
- Helps Allergies
- Beauty Treatment and Health Booster
- Improves Sleep
What to Look For:
Genuine UMF Manuka honey will have these four things:
- It will have a UMF trademark clearly labeled on the front of the container.
- It will be from a New Zealand UMF licensed company and labeled in New Zealand.
- It will have the UMF company’s name and license number on the label.
- It will have a UMF rating number of 5–16+. If it is labeled without the UMF or without a number, then it is not the genuine article.
I was recently sent a sample of Manuka Honey. I was thrilled because it has been a long time since I’ve purchased any. See, it’s a tad expensive, but worth it. At one time, I worked with a company in Vancouver, BC who made FANTASTIC chocolate bars with Manuka honey. I learned a lot about it working with them and had to eat a lot of chocolate…..a pity. Then along comes this sample and I’m addicted again. The brand is Manuka Health from New Zealand, of course. You can learn more about them here: https://www.manukahealth.co.nz/en-us/our-story/. @ManukaHealthNZ; @ManukaHealthUSA. Interested in purchasing some? Click below.